Sunday, September 16, 2007

Will it work part du...

Ok... it's Saturday night (well, really Sunday) at 1:30 AM. I developed all of the pin-hole exposures. I see something that appears as if it may be a genuine subject in ONE of the shots. Most of the exposures are black. Since these are all negative images (since we skipped the film step which is usually the negative image), black means light. Pitch black means too much light. Our discussion Monday will be, "Where are all the points in our process that light might be hitting our paper ... either when it should, or should not be". I've done some tests and found some errors in the process and some places where it's ok, but on Monday we'll discuss.

For about the past hour and a half I've been using a couple of the pin-hole cameras trying to get a picture. In that time I've found some issues with the cameras and I THINK taken one picture that showed two lights in the ceiling of the commons. Right now I have both cameras taking 10 minute exposures. There are so many factors, even in these simple cameras that go into getting the right shot.

On the plus side, the chemicals are working, the amber light is working, I utilized an enlarger to produce a print from a negative to confirm that the paper and process was all good. We essentially have a working dark room.

On the negative side... I discovered the Senior candy-for-a-dollar stash. Three dollars and a bag of Fritos, a Kit-Kat, and box of junior mints later, I feel a little sick!

On another negative side, I have to be up in 7 hours for the Hope Island Fire Department barbecue fund raiser and still need to prepare for all my Monday classes.

That's were I am now. Hopefully the chemicals don't make me pass out!

15 comments:

Jen said...

Wow that is a lot of junk food in that short of time!!

Alishander Magnusson said...

I think for our group we might've been shooting in too much light outside, even though we aimed the pinhole away from the direct sunlight.

Zoe Wal said...

I feel sorry for you, I'd go crazy without ever getting much sleep!!!

Megan said...

Well Mr. Hiller that is quite late the be at school.

Myca said...

Wow! Umm maybe you shouldn't eat candy you find[especially from the seniors :D]

Case-K.jpn said...

I hope our camera worked and if it doesn't work I hope that we can at least have a little outline of a picture. P.S. I love Junior Mints!

Kait Powell said...

Wow, that sucks that you didn't get that much sleep. I know I wouldn't be able to do anything if I did that! Haha, and senior candy is the best. :) Just because it's from the seniors!

Miranda said...

You shouldn't eat that much candy. Anyways, I think that our group left the shutter open for too long.

C is for Carrie said...

My dad went to the firehouse dinner thing. But I didn't because I was working, but he brought me back a plate.


It was good

masonp said...

wheres the stash at?

Alishander Magnusson said...

I'm a night owl as well, except I stay up all night drawing and reading, and reading some more. Oh, and listen to music the whole time.

Anonymous said...

I hope our camera worked and if it doesn't work I hope that we can at least have a little outline of a picture. P.S. I hate Junior Mints!

Sydney said...

I can also stay up pretty late too but I always get real hungry and when it's late a real meal is always good

stevie08 said...

Wow Mr. hiller you can really put it away!! I dont think all that candy is very good for you. You might want to do something about your addiction!!

Oh and I really think you need to figure something else to do on a saturday night I mean while you were palying with picture paper I was bowling I mean to be honest that sounds way more fun!! haha

Maybe next time the fire department has a pinic thingy I'll go!!

Ok Mr. hiller calm down I know your excited that I'm in your last two classes of the day!!

Chelsea Ann said...

Wow, all I found in the dark room was some paper and some exposure charts... I wish I could be that "together" with that little sleep! :S